Quotes are everywhere. You have travel quotes, motivation quotes, Disney quotes, book quotes and movie quotes. Think of something and there are quotes about it.
Whenever I have an off-day, I love to read some travel quotes. They cheer me up and make me want to travel the world again. So I collected .. travel quotes that will inspire your wanderlust!
1.“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
2.“Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times”
3.” Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”
I worked at an office for a few months. You know, the basic 9 to 5 job behind a desk. And it was HORRIBLE. NEVER AGAIN!
I also worked as a travel guide. During these summers, every day was different and I experienced some crazy stuff. From getting a call at 2 am from guests that were in an accident and now in the hospital to some crazy complaints that I had to solve. But also guests that thank you for making their holiday perfect and going on great excursions.
This was so much better! Right now I live in Spain and work in a restaurant. Not my dream job, but at least every day is a bit different and it is not at an office.
*I am not saying office jobs are horrible. Just for me they are. I just can’t sit still and do the same all day long.*
4. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” -Martin Buber
5.“Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
6.“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” -James Michener
I think the best part of travel is getting to know the culture of the country. Trying the food, talking with locals and everything else.
This quote is totally true, if you ask me. If you don’t travel to see the world, why would you go? Of course you have the beach(do nothing) holidays, but then you still respect the customs and try some food right?
7. “Work, Travel, Save, Repeat”
8. “The journey not the arrival matters.” –T.S. Eliot
9. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
10. ”Life is short and the world is wide”
11. “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.”
I love this one. I am actually working hard on this. This blog, moving to Spain, getting a cat and everything!
There is also a saying that looks like this travel quote. “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have” So go and start living your dream life!
12. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Helen Keller
13. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” -Wallace Stevens
14. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” -Henry Miller
15. “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
16. “Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse.” – Thomas Fuller
17. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” -Agustine of Hippo
The world is so big and you are definitely part of it. But if you do not travel at all and just live your life, you won’t know what is out there.
18. “Not all those who wander are lost.” -J.R.R. Tolkien
19. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” -Lao Tzu
21. “Life is a journey. Make the best of it.”
22. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
You can buy all the things and live your same boring life. You might be rich in objects, but your life itself is not rich. That you can only do with memories, stories and friends.
23. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” -Roy M. Goodman
24. “Go, fly, roam, travel, voyage, explore, journey, discover, adventure.”
25. “You can shake the sand from your shoes, but it will never leave your soul.”
26. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”
27. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”― Mark Twain
28. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” -Chief Seattle
29. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
30. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.”
31. “Oh the places you’ll go.” -Dr. Seuss
32. “I travel not to cross countries off a list, but to ignite passionate affairs with destinations.” – Nyssa P. Chopra
33. “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.” -Henry Rollins
34. “Then I realized adventures are the best way to learn.”
35. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well. ” – Eugene Fodor
36. “I love the feeling of being anonymous in a city I’ve never been before.”
37. “Own only what you can always carry with you: known languages, known countries, known people. Let your memory be your travel bag” -Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
38. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
This is a saying we should see as a rule. It doesn’t mean you have to travel all over the world. Even that museum in the next town could count. But this way, you keep exploring, learning and hopefully enjoying in your life.
39. “Don’t call it a dream…call it a plan”
40. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paolo Coelho
41. “The goal is to die with memories not dreams”
42. Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.”
43. “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
44. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrate it for everything that it is.” -Mandy Hale
45. “There’s no way I was born to just pay bills and die”
46. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” -Paul Theroux
47. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself” -David Mitchell
I guess this is really my favorite travel quotes. My family always went camping and go away for some weekends and I loved it.
I hated my life at home and through traveling, I found myself and it changed my life. It actually saved my life.
48. “A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are build for.” -John A. Shedd
49. “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.” – Carew Papritz
50. “Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.” – Karen Gibbs
Traveling will be the possibility to meet new people, do new things, eat new food that you won’t get a chance to do if you stay at home.
Take the chance, go on an adventure and get some memories.
51. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
52. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret” -Oscar Wilde
53. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” -Robert Frost
54. “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
55. ” Veni, Vini, Amavi. We came, we saw, we loved.”
56. ”People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” –Edmund Hillary
57. ” I’ll look back on this and smile because it was life and I decided to live it”
58. “All you need to know is that it’s possible.” – Wolf, an Appalachian Trail Hiker
59. “It feels good to be lost in the right direction”
60. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
61. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” -Robert Louis Stevenson
62. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
63. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
64. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries” – Aldous Huxley
65. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart!” -Confucius
65 travel quotes to fuel your wanderlust
Here are the 65 travel quotes. I have to say, while I was writing this and collecting the quotes, I may or may not have been looking at plane tickets. I really want to go and travel again now!
Whenever you feel down, uninspired or just want to feel good about your wanderlust, read the quotes and enjoy.
I have(had) people in my life that didn’t think i was supposed to travel this often and move to Spain. But I wanted to do it, I felt good about it, so I did it. Think about the positive and make the best of it.
What is your favorite travel quote? Why?
If you got inspired, please pin and share any quote you want or this pin.