I am obsessed with sweets. you can wake me up if you have freshly baked pie, cake or anything. This is why I started baking 6 years ago.
Little 12 year old me always wanted to cook, bake or just help in the kitchen with stirring or anything. I started with simple cakes and cookies out of a box. When I turned 16 I thought I could do more and started baking from scratch. I also started trying new recipes and giving them a twist.
Often I want to bake, but I don’t know what. So I let my family decide. I just let them yell ideas to me and I choose one. That is how I started to make Crème Brûlée.
With the leftover egg whites, I make these delicious Meringues.
- 6 eggyolks
- 100 grams of sugar
- 500 milliliters of whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat the oven on 130 degrees Celsius (250 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Scrape the vanilla bean and put the seeds with the cream in a pan and put it on low heat. Do not throw the vanilla bean away, but put it in the sugar pot.
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy
- Add the warm cream slowly while whisking the egg yolks.
- Fill 4 or 6 tins with the mixture and put them in a large oven tray
- Put the tray in the oven and add boiling water until 3/4 of the small tins
- Bake for 60-70 minutes
- Be careful while taking the tray out and put the tins in the fridge
- After cooling for at least 3 hours, add a tablespoon of sugar on each tin
- Caramelize the sugar with a kitchen torch
What is your favorite dessert?