I started to watch my weight and diet at the beginning of 2018. I was looking for good and nice recipes that are healthier, but also that sneaks extra vegetables in.
Sweet potato is one of my favorite discoveries. I had never heard of it, but it is so good!
I use it in different recipes and this is the first I tried.
We have the Albert Heijn in Holland and they sell the sweet potato spaghetti. You can also make the spaghetti with a spiralizer. This is an easy recipe with a lot of vegetables and you only have to use one pan!
I made the chicken very spicy, because the other flavors are quite soft. This gives it a bit of a kick. I use my homemade sambal in this recipe.
Sweet Potato Spaghetti
- 400 grams of sweet potato spaghetti
- 450 grams of chicken in pieces
- 1 courgette / zucchini
- 2 paprika’s / Bell peppers
- grated cheese
- 250 ml of Creme fresh
- Sweet soy sauce
- Cajun spices
- Extra spices to choice I use paprika, onion and chili powder
- Marinate the chicken
- Cut the zucchini and bell peppers in small pieces
- Sear the chicken until it is light brown from the outside
- Add the zucchini and peppers
- When the chicken is cooked, add the creme fresh
- When the creme fresh turned into a sause, add the spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti for 3-4 minutes
- Add a bunch of cheese and mix until melted
Let me know your variation!